Nicci with 2 c's

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same

I have had 2 major emotions today from complete opposite ends of the spectrum - and it's not even noon yet! No matter how young or old you are, the 2 things I went through today effect us the same (or I at least believe to be so).
I got scolded by one of my boss' today. And I probably deserved it. But to be scolded - I always feel like the little kid in the corner with her shoulders trying to swallow up her head so no one can see them. I felt like I disappointed them and I hate that feeling. Whether is be from a parent, a boss...Anyone. I hate disappointing people.
Then, like a gift from the heavens, a beautiful flower arrangement was sent to me! I had that great anticipating ping in my heart as my tummy did somersaults. It was a wonderful surprise and a very thoughtful gesture. Flowers always make me happy. It can be a single stem or an overflowing basket - they make me happy. And when they are some of my favorite flowers, I know time and thought went into it.
So I went from bewildered to gleeful in a matter of an hour. Thank goodness it happened in that order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home