Nicci with 2 c's

Monday, February 20, 2006

Coco Robasho

Many years ago, a students mother recommended the book, 'The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood'. After getting it cheap at Half Price Books, I read it, not really knowing what to expect. I LOVED it! It's all about the power of womens friendships and set in the South, which I love to devour; Southern hospitality, good manners and a drawl that is oozed with every word spoken. I can't even count the number of times I have reread this book. I was not too found of the first book,'Little Alters Everywhere'. I know I read them out of order, but the first book seemed bitter where 'Devine Secrets' was powerful. Don't get me started on the movie they made. It's hideous. Anyway, I was very hesitant to read the third book in this series, 'Ya-Yas in Bloom'. I didn't want it to ruin my 'Devine Secrets' memories. I'm half way through it and I like it... a lot! Which comes to my whole point of this blog entry: Coco Robasho. The thid book is all about the Ya-Ya's growing up - from childhood to adulthood. As children, they were very mischievous (which means bad). Whenever they were caught for their rebellious ways, they blamed it on Coco Robasho - a majestical woman who disguised herself as a human but possessed wickedly phenomenal traits. If the lemonade was spiked with vodka, it was Coca Robasho who did it, not the Ya-ya's. If the loathed women of the city were not invited to Mayor's Ball, Coco Robasho must have stolen their invitations from the mailbox. This Coco Robasho was wonderful!. And it worked everytime! They would get a stern look and a "tisk", but no punishment, no lecture.... I LOVE this idea. So I am now adopting it. If something happens and I want to get away with it, I will simply say, "Coco did it".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home