Nicci with 2 c's

Friday, April 07, 2006

Together forever

I spent the day with my best friend. Best friend doesn't even begin to describe the relationship I have with Magdalyn. It's almost as if God didn't give us sisters... And then we met and became each others chosen sisters. I'm already starting to miss her. For those of you who don't know (this is where I get to brag), Magdalyn has been accepted into the American Shakespeare Academy in Washington D.C. It's a one year program where she gets to learn all about her craft while earning her Masters from the George Washington University. Amazing and wonderful, I know! But I can't help but feel a little sad. My best friend will be far away. It's pure greed that makes me feel this way. I love having her here. In reality, she will, most likely, get a great job opportunity from this and live somewhere else than Cleveland. As happy and proud as I am for her, I can't help but be a little sad and greedy and want to keep her for myself. No one knows me like Maggie. No one gets me like Maggie. And I feel confident to say the same for her. With today's technology, I know we can stay in touch, but you can't hug a phone. I savor everytime we get together, knowing that n the next few months, it will be impossible to do. I wish her the best. I want nothing more for her than for her to be happy. I just wish it was closer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home